Sunday, December 31, 2023

 

Happy New Year!

 

Here are a few of my favorite New Year’s resolutions written by famous people. Following these inspiring resolutions are my wishes for both you and me for the new year of 2024. (written before midnight on 123123.)

 


“New Year`s is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, friendly calls, and humbug resolutions” – Mark Twain

“Last Year’s resolution was to lose 20 pounds – Only 30 pounds to go.”-Anonymous

“If you want an interesting party, combine cocktails and a fresh box of crayons for everybody.” -Robert Fulghum

“Come gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.” William Shakespeare

“Every New Year’s I have the same question, ` How did I get home?” - Melanie White

“This New Year`s I was going to make a resolution never to be late again, but I didn’t wake up until Jan. 2” -Melanie White

“Out with the old, in with the new” is a fitting expression for a holiday that is based on vomiting.” – Andy Borowitz

“I was going to quit all my bad habits, but then I remembered that nobody likes a quitter.” –Anonymous




Now, here are my personal resolutions:                    

To my Silver Sneaker Friends – “I promise not to let you do stupid stuff all by yourselves.”

I think New Year’s resolutions often fail because people aim too high. Here is a suggestion for an achievable resolution –“I promise not to eat the entire ‘family sized pizza` myself.”

“This year I resolve to remember where I sat my coffee cup and my pickleball bag.”

“My wish for 2024 is that we have a year filled with happiness, laughter and love.”

 

Bill

 

Bill

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment